Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January 12th, 2011

Happy New Year to you all. Now 12 days into the new year and already the NBA has been shaking up to be an exciting soon to be 2nd half. On a ‘Memory Lane’ moment, I was looking through a bunch of old VHS tapes and I came across one that I’d almost forgot about. The scrimmage game that I had taped with the 2000 College Olympians going up against the Team USA (NBA). It was weird to see people like Jason Richardson, Jay Williams and Shane Battier go up against the pros of Vince Carter, Jason Kidd, Alonzo Mourning and Gary Payton. Speaking of Vince, seeing some of the plays he had made in that game (he was 10 for 10 by the way), especially the ally-oop he had from Payton shook the crowd and his team. Wow! He was a force to be reckon with.
Now we fast forward to 2010 and in his 4th team (Phoenix), people seem to forget how good he really was (and still could be when he’s healthy). Here’s hoping that he could make some sort of revival in Phoenix that I was hoping for when he was in Orlando. Ok, now back to some current news.

I don’t understand why is Kevin Garnett is leading in All-Star votes for forwards over Amare Stoudemire? I’m not taking away from KG’s greatness but Amare has had an MVP performance all season long. You should never count this man out at all. Coming off of a road win in Portland, his Knicks are on fire as usual so this should garner some more All-Star votes for Amare. In more news, the Milwaukee-Atlanta game had been postponed due to weather conditions. Sacramento’s Tyreke Evans is going to out for a couple of games. The sad news is that the Lakers had held down the Cleveland Cavaliers to just 57 points. Wow! I can see Lebron cracking up on the plane with his new teammates on this one. He even posted on his twitter account ‘Karma must be a *****.’ I can smell a fine coming. I mean when you’re a NBA pro, you have to keep at least some comments to yourself. Would you see Jordan make a comment like that had there been Twitter during his era? Don’t sink yourself lower, Lebron. San Antonio beat Minnesota and Indiana had beat Philly to stay in the playoff race.

Now onto to Carmelo Anthony’s situation. We all know that he’s not happy with where he’s at right now. We see it on T.V., you can look at his face at times. But he’s willing to put that aside and just give his team wins like he did last night against the Suns. The Nets are willing to make a blockbuster trade but I assure you that Carmelo doesn’t want to go to New Jersey. That’s a lose/lose situation for him. I mean New Jersey will be happy, but not Carmelo. That’s like giving a kid something to eat that he doesn’t want. The Nets are the parents that want to shove the ‘Food for Thought of Winning a Title in NJ’ down Anthony’s throat. I can hear the inner-baby in him as he says ‘I don’t wanna eat New Jersey, I wanna eat New York. It taste better.’ Don’t force the situation on one because chances are, you might not like the results. The goal is to make both sides happy. Nets, just wait till you could find someone else and let Carmelo be free to sign up to the Knicks come summertime.

Well, that’s it for me this time. Next time, I’ll be giving the lowdown of what I know, which would be a lot, in the NBA. Keep tuning in to my blog and watch as many games as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment